Meet the Office of the Queensland Training Ombudsman
The Office of the Queensland Training Ombudsman strengthens the State’s vocational education and training (VET) sector by improving consumer protection and providing a clear pathway for complaints.
We offer a free, confidential and independent service to review and resolve enquiries and complaints from anyone in the VET system including students, RTOs, apprentices, trainees, employers and other stakeholders.
The Office of the Queensland Training Ombudsman:
- helps people to navigate the complex VET sector
- works in partnership with all agencies in the VET sector
- provides free and impartial advice about rights and responsibilities
- reviews issues and provides recommendations
- refers complaints to other relevant agencies if required
- mediates between parties to reach a mutually beneficial solution.
The Queensland Training Ombudsman also plays an advocacy role by reporting on systemic issues in the VET sector and advising the government on ways to improve them.
Find out more
Read the Training Ombudsman brochure (PDF, 120KB) or to learn more about the Office of the Queensland Training Ombudsman.